Like paying our tithing. After the whole school uniform find just when we needed it so much I didn't feel like we could expect anymore financial rewards. But as you saw from my post yesterday the van was going in for repair and I was expecting the worst. It hasn't stopped fast in traffic for awhile and we thought it was leaking brake fluid. I thought we needed new rear brakes. Didn't want to even think about how much it was going to cost and what else they were going to find and how we were going to pay for it. But with school starting and carpool beginning I didn't want to be responsible for someone else's child in my car if my brakes were going to fail.
Sav Mor Auto just called and they said the only thing they could find a problem with was the rear brakes were out of alignment. The only charge is a service charge, YIPEEE!!!!
Now for the new dilema . . . how to pick up the car. We used to live less than a block from the repair place, so I always just walked. Now we are a mile and a half. My mom is out of town (who is usually the go to girl for eVeRyOnE in half of Utah Valley) and incidently the reason she is already out of town. Who knows when Mark will be home. Yesterday he worked from 6:30 am until 1:00 am and had to be back at 6:30 am this morning for the big fundraising event they are doing. I'm sure I could call a Visiting Teacher or neighbor and they would be happy to take me, but is it really necessary. I had planned to be without a car the entire day. But I did get that new gel seat for my bike yesterday, I just need to install it. But can John make it on his itty bitty bike that far? Could be painful, but isn't that why I got a bike, so we could have family outings. So I guess if I'd stop stalling by blogging and getting my work done that I need to then maybe we'll bike over and pick it up.
But one more time I just have to give thanks again to the blessings of paying your tithing.
P.S. Within 30 minutes of posting this my sweet visiting teaching companion called and said they were just leaving and she would be happy to give me a ride. Thanks Kristin! You no longer need to worry if John is passed out on the side of the road with his itty bitty bike.
2 weeks ago

2 comments:
you could have asked me! i am home...i do have today off! i am glad it worked out for you!
And congrats that it wasn 't a big car bill! i am still trying to figure out how to get new carpet...if i take any more money out of savings, i will be in trouble. things cost too much money!
Post a Comment