2 weeks ago
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Update to Thoughts of the Week
Amazing how a good shower can make you think better. I'm now ready to work for the day. But for those who don't know what I was talking about in the last post for securing your dressers and bookshelves to the wall . . . here you go. I think you can buy them at Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Walmart or any place that has child safety items. Here is a link I found online and since I borrowed their picture I'll give them the credit. It is at My Precious Kid. You just screw them into the wall and on the dresser and then tighten the zip tie.
I also forgot I wanted to mention this incredible recipe I made this week. Found it in the Martha Stewart Living magazine as the Cookie of the Month. I think this is the first time I've ever made a recipe from the magazine. But how could you go wrong with a title of No-Bake Chocolate and Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars and a picture that looked like THAT. Hey and if they have Oatmeal in them aren't they healthy? Luckily I gave away half the pan or I would have eaten them all myself. My favorite comment on them came from Mike W at Thanksgiving Point. He told Mark he thought they were against the Word of Wisdom. I could not find Chocolate Wafers so we bought Oreos and removed the cream and just used the cookies. I had a few helpers that took care of the cream for me. Wasn't that nice of them. Click on the title of the recipe to be directed to the actual recipe. Warning these are addictive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Just to make you feel better--everyone's kids cry wolf and you are not the first mom to ignore a child in trouble.
And let's also just say--YUM--I think I need to make those cookies.
Hey Christine, great idea about hooking the bookshelf to the wall. Lots to try to keep control of as parents I have observed.
And that comment of MikeW cracked me up! I think I may have to agree with him. ; )
Have a great day! I still need to stop by sometime. Haven't been over forever...and I can show you guys my iphone.
I meant to say dresser instead of bookshelf. that is what comes from not getting home till 10:30 from the temple and then staying up and watching the Olympics till late and then getting up at 5am for work!
Hey Christine! Great post! We anchored ours down a few months ago, to prevent a similar problem! And that recipe looks AMAZING, the colors are PERFECT for halloween, too! Hey, I have a Pampered Chef Gift Certificate I got for my birthday, and I want to order a Mandoline. Can you give me a call, or drop me an e-mail, so that I can get it ordered?
Hey Christine!
I want to know how your kids "removed" the icing from the oreos???? If you did it my way, you can't share the recipe with anyone else. Great way to make sure no one else eats your treats!
Post a Comment