CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Breaking Dawn!!!!

As you can tell from Mark's FIRST EVER Post on my blog, I've been a little busy this weekend.  But I'm back now and recovering.  The much anticipated release of Braking Dawn has come and gone and I've finished the book.  My Dental Hygienist and friend, Summer, introduced me to the Twilight books last August, just after the 3rd book was released.  We were in the middle of moving and remodeling, so I was going to gradually read the books.  Well, once you start Twilight you can't put it down.  So within a matter of weeks I read through the first 3 books.  I just love the way Stephenie Meyer writes.  And the love story between Bella and Edward with a little bit of Jared is just incredible.  Her books are the only books I've every reread and enjoyed just as much as the first time. 

I've never done a midnight release of a book.  Not even for any of the Harry Potter books.  But because Christy and I were already going to be out late because of seeing Pride & Prejudice we figured we might as well get our hands on Breaking Dawn as soon as we could.  Being the bargainer I am I had to check out all the stores and figure out where we could get it the cheapest and easiest.  It paid off and we SCORED!  Borders had it for 40% off, but we didn't get our name on the list in time so we were going to have to wait behind everyone that had wrist bands.  Then I noticed in a Smith's Food and Drugstore ad that it was the featured book of the week and it would be 40% off.  So after the play we headed over to Smith's and there was no line at 11:15pm.  We asked around and they said we needed to wait by the customer service desk and they would bring them out at midnight.  Our friend, Jenn Z, joined us.  People quickly started joining us in line.  The ladies around us had been to both Borders and Barnes & Noble and said the places were packed.  One had a wrist band and her number was in the 600s.  She had stopped at Smith's to get something else and had overheard us asking and could not believe it.  By the time midnight rolled around there were about 40 people in line.  My receipt shows my purchase was at 12:02am and we were out of the store by 12:03 and we only paid $14.66 with tax!  I love it!  And we had a great time waiting with all the gals around us in line. When we drove by Walmart at 12:30 am the line was still out the door, across the length of the store and had started to go down the side of the building.  And they were all waiting outside! 
The next 24 hours of my life was spent reading the wonderful book.  I got a few hours of sleep in there, but why waste time.  Mark took the kids to see his parents and spent the day in Santaquin, thank you, thank you, thank you!  I was excited to go to church to discuss it with the one person I knew had finished it already.  Where were you Cara????    I loved the book and can't wait for Midnight Sun to come out.  In the meantime we'll count down to the movie release of Twilight on December 12!!!!

5 comments:

Tina said...

Ahh!! I've been dying to see if you liked Breaking Dawn, I was going to call you last night and find out. Wow, you read fast! I bet Mark is glad you are finished too. I am also happy to hear you liked it, you've got me so curious. I won't be reading it until the end of this week...

Lori said...

I knew you would have the book read quickly. My goodness. Great that you realized Smith's was selling it also!

The Jones :) said...

You guys are CRAZY!! Guess I should hurry and read the books...haven't even started them...but sure sounds like I'm missing out on them!! Makes me laugh you guys did that though!!
-Becki :)

Cass said...

So, I hear they were serving wedding cake to people in line and everything at some places! Glad you and Christy had fun! My friends and I went to Wal-Mart here and were in and out in minutes as well. Of course, the line wasn't near as long in this small town...maybe 175 people total and we were around #36 in line. (I'm amazed to say I got a better deal than you this time: $13.86 plus tax! Never thought that would happen, ever!)

I loved it too.... we'll have to get together and discuss.... a pchef director book club meeting maybe?

CaraNathan said...

(This is me assuming you meant me..) LOL sorry! We missed church because we went to Lake Powell for the week. It would have been nice to have someone to talk to about it!