I know I'm a scheduler and my children get this from me. . . but it is still annoying when I change the schedule on them and they freak out.
Sunday Dinner is a tradition in most homes. Ours has changed and morphed over the years. It started out when Mark and I were the only ones with a child and we suggested we meet at Mom's house on the First Sunday of each month for a family dinner. Then somewhere along the way it turned into dinner at Mom's house every Sunday. We would all bring food to help. At this point in time there were now 3 of us married and living in the area with children. Then everyone moved away but us and we continue to go to Mom's house every Sunday for dinner. Sometime in my RS Pres years Mom took over all of dinner again because I was always in meetings or visiting. We are usually in charge of setting the table. It has been a year since I was released and occassionally she has us bring something, but never anything with much work. We have morning church and she has afternoon church, so dinner is usually around 5ish.
Well things changed today and you would think the world was falling apart. Mom is in Washington State visiting a friend. She flys back in around 6:30pm. So I took a roast out of her freezer (why buy them when she always does) and put it in the crock pot before we left for church this morning. Arriving home from church the children immediately swarmed the kitchen and wanted food. When they were informed they could not eat they got confused and could not figure out why in the world we would be eating Sunday Dinner in the middle of the afternoon. They actually had to wait for about 20 minutes while we set the table and finished getting everything ready. You would think the world was falling apart and they would starve to death. I tried to explain we were eating the big meal now because we would be leaving for the airport to pick up Mom when we usually eat dinner. Nothing made them happy until they actually had food in their bellies. I promise we had fed them in the last 24 hours!
2 weeks ago

3 comments:
But Mom - I'm STARVING!!
That's kinda funny...it's so hard being a kid!! I'm sure they were STARVING...I'd hate to see them on Fast Sunday!!! Hope the rest of the day was alright for you!!
-Becki :)
that is very funny! i guess our stomachs get into a routine.
happy eeyore day today! they are supposed to start resurfacing the tarmac at the townhouses today. not sure if that will happen cuz of the rain....
Post a Comment