It is no secret that I just turned 41. Does that make me eligible for a Mid-life crisis purchase? My friend Jenn recently got herself a really cool Harley so she could go riding with her husband. And with the price of gas these days I was thinking anything I could do to save some money would be great. Just a little something to ride around town on and feel the wind blowing through my hair. A few weeks ago when we were down in Santaquin the kids got Mark's Dad to get out the bikes and we all took turns. Mark and I had fun going around town. Don't tell though, he doesn't have a motorcycle license!
So for my birthday I thought maybe I should get my own bike. My Mom loved the idea, but because of our schedules today was the first chance we had to go shopping. So here is a picture of my new bike!
Okay, so it is only a 6 speed and it doesn't have a motor on it, but I can still ride around and feel the wind in my hair. The first trip with the kids consisted of going to the Redbox to get our free Monday DVD. The kids picked out "College Road Trip". They give it a thumbs up. After riding the 4 blocks there and back I know what my next purchase is going to be . . . a better padded seat. Ouch, I didn't even know bones could hurt down there! I haven't owned a bike since I was a teenager, so if you find me on the side of the road, please help!




7 comments:
You crack me up! Looks fun! Thanks for taking time out of your blogging to help with my mini crisis!
My kids got me a bike for my birthday last year and I love it! It's so fun to be able to ride around the neighborhood with the whole family now. If you ever need a biker buddy, you know my number!
Good for you...wish I had the energy to get a REAL bike!! I'll keep my eye out for you ;)
-Becki :)
good job for getting a bicycle!i love riding bikes and would ride it to work if i worked closer!
hey i would ride up the canyon. let me know if you go some evening.
OHhhh you really had me excited there for a minute thinking that I could have a girl-friend to ride "bikes" with! But I'm really excited for you and your new-found freedom! You'll definitely get better exercise than I will! And, by the way, the gel seats work wonders if you can find one of those.
You go, girl. I'll be on the lookout for you riding your bike to your mom's house. I say this is a great way to welcome mid life.
Post a Comment