CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 25, 2008

Did I Rob the Store?

I just returned from my local Sears Grand store and I feel like I robbed the store. You all know I'm a bargain hunter and will drive across town to save $10. Well, 2 1/2 weeks ago my friend, Rynele, told me Sears was clearancing last year's School Uniforms brand, TKS, because they are selling Dockers brand School Uniforms this year.  So I went and stocked up on what they had for Jessica and John.  There wasn't much in Ashley's size but she got a couple of shirts.  They wore this brand all last year and they were great.  So I was excited to get them at about $6 an item for pants and $3.49 for shirts.

Jump to today --  She e-mailed me to tell me they were now all ringing up at .49 cents a piece and if I brought in my receipt they would do a price adjustment since it had been less than 30 days.  So I finally made it over there tonight and surprise, they were  now another 40% off, so they were now just .29 cents a piece.  So I got $90 back from my original transaction and cleared the racks of anything they might wear in the next two years.  They even let me keep the hangers!  I spent another whopping $11.  That was for 9 pants, 8 shirts and a pair of swim trunks that were $5.99!

I felt just like this lady on the Ikea Commercial!

6 comments:

William Noetling said...

That is amazing, good job!

Leslie said...

OOOOH I love a good sale. Most of the time I hear about them after the fact :( Last fall at Old Navy they had a one day thing where all the childrens clothes were .75 It was pretty awesome!

Becca said...

And to top it all off, your kids had the biggest smiles on their faces and couldn't wait to show off their new duds. Great job on the bargain hunting!

Lori said...

that is so cool! i love bargains!

Tina said...

Holy cow that is awesome!! You alwasy find the best deals!

Adam and Christine said...

That is so cool. Glad I don't have to deal with that yet but man what a deal. I found clothes for Kaylee the other day for only .95 cents at Penny's. It is funny how sometimes they just need to get rid of them.