So since I won't have many pictures to post for this year's day, I thought I'd share with all my new friends what my incredible husband did for me last year for the big 4 0 party. About a year before my big day a friend of mine turned 40 and her husband threw a big surprise party for her. Rich did such an awesome job for Cynthia.
Mark knew I loved it and he wanted to do something for me but decided a surprise was going to by way to hard. But he did plan an incredible Luau for my day instead. He planned the decorations and was able to borrow a bunch from Thanksgiving Point. He spent all day setting it up in my Mom's backyard. Only for the wind to blow a bunch of it away just as the party got started.
He had all the food catered from Thanksgiving Point thanks to a great Employee discount.
And he did a great job at bribing all my friends and family to show up.
Wow that picture makes my Mom's yard look huge. It really ends at the edge of the tables. The pasture is the neighbor's.
Here are some of my awesome cousin's. And Mark's Mom and Dad on the right.

Friends from the Geneva Height's 4th Ward. Nathan was especially thursty with two drinks. And Rosemary was so cute to come even though she just had knee surgery. And Katherine and Nora are dear friends that carried me through Relief Society craziness.
And here are the Chris' times three. Christine (me), Chris Andrus (the mother-in-law to the next Chris) and Chris Andrus (my dear old roomie prego with twins!)
And of course the rowdies at the Pampered Chef table!
It was really odd having so many different aspects of my life come together in one location. And interesting to see who knew each other that I didn't know they knew each other!
Mark did such an incredible job of the party. It was awesome and he was so tired the next day. I'm guessing the next time all these aspects come together it could be for my funeral in a hundred years!















6 comments:
Happy Birthday! Have a great Chicago trip!
happy birthday tooooo you! hope you got my e-card.
have a fantastic trip!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
What a sweet husband you have! Looks like you had super 40th last year. By the way, you don't look a day past 35!
Have a great trip!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTINE!! Enjoy your cheesecake!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
I'm way impressed with Mark, that really is pretty impressive! And I'm with Erin, I was surprised by the age. Have fun in Chicago!
Christine-
Since I sit in front of you in Primary I feel like I haven't had a chance to get to know you! I'm glad I found your blog!
Leslie
Post a Comment