We had a great time in Chicago. I think this was the seventh time I've been to Chicago for our Pampered Chef National Conference. It is always in July and it is always around my birthday. Works out nice to have some birthday cash to spend while I'm there. I always travel with my other wonderful Pampered Chef friends and we squeeze 4 or 5 of us into 1 hotel room. Makes for great bonding time and a huge lack of sleep.
Our conference started bright and early Monday morning. They go all out and make us feel special at these events. I think the highlight of the conference for me was that first training. They had Dr. Tony Alessandra
come speak on The Platinum Rule. It was fascinating learning about behavioral styles and recongizing the traits of each style in people that I know. It definitely helped me understand why some people act the way they do.
Conference ended early afternoon on Wednesday, and then we had a little time for playing. My friend and I realized after all the times we had been to Chicago neither one of us had experienced a Chicago Dog. So another gal in our group led us to a great hole in the wall place just around the corner from the hotel. There were about 10 of us and we pretty much filled the place. For $3.99 we got a Dog, Fries & a drink. It was the cheapest meal of the whole trip. The hot dog itself isn't that different, it is all the toppings on the hot dog. The hot dog is topped with mustard, onion, sweet pickle relish (usually neon green), a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, sport peppers, and a dash of celery salt; but never ketchup. I did skip on the onion and pickle spear. As you can see from the picture of Cynthia and myself you have to open your mouth really big to fit that puppy in. We had to go back to a hotel room to eat them because there weren't enough seats in the place for us to sit! I will definitely have one next time I go again!
The rest of the afternoon was spent shopping and trying to fit all the shopping into the suitcases. Then we headed home on Thursday. I was very happy when my suitcase was only 47 pounds. I was all prepared to shift things if I needed to. But I can't believe I hauled that puppy up and down several flights of stairs in the subway.
Here is the slideshow of all the pictures if you want to see all the crazy fun.



7 comments:
Looks like you had a good time. But i can see how you are glad to be home. Sounds like you had lots of good food too! that is great. I am glad you have a fun time at those conventions.
It was so fun! Looking forward to next year already! Congrats on getting 3rd in the Shilling Cluster - you so totally rock!
Sounds like so much fun. Chicago is one of those cities that I would love to visit so you'll have to tell me more about it in person!
We're glad you're back.
You think you are glad to be back? - I am really glad to have you home. It just isn't the same while you are away. Love You!
What a fun trip! My teacher friends and I always said we thought we would learn more and be better teachers if our training took us to fun places, rather than exotic American Fork, Utah.
Such fun we had in Chicago - as always! I didn't realize you had been to NC 7 times...I would have guessed it would be more than that. But then I feel like I've been there more as well, and it's only been 6 times for me! Chicago just feels so familiar now...I'm finally starting to learn my way around. I guess it doesn't help that every couple years we are in a completely different part of downtown so I have to learn that new area as well! I'll just keeping following you until I find my way on my own! Good thing I have such a great example to follow!
So, glad you had such a great time in Chicago. I'm glad you are back too. I've missed your updates on the blog.
Post a Comment