Why do these things always happen when the doctor's office is closed?
Friday after spending a very busy day with the kids swimming, shopping for school uniforms, and going to Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum I was excited to make it home about 15 minutes before Mark and the kids made it home. We had two cars because we had met Mark at work. As I was getting ready to start on dinner before they all came crashing through the door I went to put my "Show" knives away in my show crate in the pantry. The tip of the knife hit the edge of the door frame which then pushed the knife into my hand right between my thumb and first finger, ugh! I've been selling Pampered Chef knives for 10 years and this is the first accident I've had with one. Of course it was 5:15 on a Friday night.
So when Mark did make it home he and I headed over to InstaCare. The nurse looked at it before they processed me and confirmed that the I did need to see the doctor. I'd like to brag about how many stitiches he gave me, but he only gave me a lecture about how they have realized the hand wounds generally reject the stitiches and don't heal very quickly. So instead they washed it out, numbed it a little after I requested they do something for the pain and then he bandaged it up really good.
Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't my right hand. If it hadn't been 10 years since my last tetnus shot. (And to the nurse, yes it did hurt a little when she put in the needle!) If I weren't leaving for Chicago Sunday morning for a Pampered Chef Conference. If I wasn't planning to haul my luggage through the airport and then take the train into the city because we are too cheap to take a shuttle (how can you pass up a $2 ride versus a $25 ride?) At least he said I could start getting it wet in the shower beginning on Sunday. My roommates will be grateful I can shower!
2 weeks ago


8 comments:
Ouch!! I am so sorry. I still do not own the Santoku knife, it scares me! I hope you have a fast recovery, have a blast in Chicago!!
Tina, you're crazy - I sell a TON of those, you totally need it! Christine, I was disappointed, I wanted to see blood! I hope the pain is better! See you bright and early tomorrow!
It was actually the Color Coated Paring Knife that did it to me. I'm with Christy, I LOVE my Santoku!
Oh Christine! I am so sorry! Ouch! That would have freaked me out. Sounds like you were fairly calm about it. I am glad you are okay!
And have fun in Chicago!
OH. MY. WORD. You really are an underachiever aren't you?
Tell Mark he's going to have to be the knife handler before any major trip you take. I hope you have a great time in Chicago and your injury doesn't hold you back too much.
Oh, Happy Birthday tomorrow too! At least you should be able to shower for your birthday. :)
My family has made Insta Care (both here and in St. George) kind of like a second home to us. I hope they treated you well. And, I hope that you get better soon and that you have a blast in Chicago.
Ouch! That stinks, writing will be fun! Hee, Hee! Too bad your Miley Cyrus photo was too small, but everyone knows she was there so I am sure they trust you! Happy Birthday on Sunday! Have fun in Chicago!
Post a Comment