
Fast forward six years and there are now 12 children between the 3 couples. But we still get together about every other month to visit, eat and have fun. We take turns hosting and we all bring food for whatever theme we pick that month. Saturday was Allyson's Birthday but it was the only day we could all get together so she requested we do Chinese. Allyson brought Baked Potstickers. I made Ginger Chicken, Ham Fried Rice and Terriyaki Meatballs. And Jeanne was in charge of dessert. She brought poke cakes which are SOOOO good. She made a chocolate cake and when it cooled she poked holes all over the cake. Then poured a can of Sweetened Condensed Milk over the cake. Then poured carmel sauce over the cake. Covered it with Cool Whip and topped it with chopped Heath Bar. It is heaven. She also made a white poke cake with red & blue jello. But I'm all for the chocolate!Okay, I digressed, sorry I was wishing for more cake. We have so much fun getting together with these friends. It is loud and crazy with all the kids, but we always find time to visit as adults. Thanks for another great Miami Dinner! And Happy Birthday Allyson!

1 comment:
You need to start posting some more of your yummy recipes! We had the "Cafe Rio" night a couple weeks ago and it was a BIG hit with our company!
We have always called the poke cake, "better than ___ " cake. I will keep this rated 'G' and not fill in the blank! smile Am I the only one to call it this? My friend calls it Better than whoopie cake. Either way, it is DELICIOUS!
Post a Comment