The powder blue shutters and door are finally gone afte
r nine months of our ownership. I feel bad that Edna had loved the color so much and we wanted to get rid of it so much. I'm sure Gail H is sad every time she sees us change the outside of the house because I know she misses her good friend. But the powder blue just really wasn't us. Nor was the wagon wheel (sorry!)We always wanted to paint the townhouse door black, but when the neighbor painted hers we didn't want to seem like we were copying her. So when we moved in we planned on painting the house door and shutters black. When the L's just to the East of us painted their door black last Fall we were a little sad, but decided since our walls are not connected it wouldn't seem so copy cat. We hope they don't mind!
Mark worked hard last week on removing the shutters, spray painting them, and putting them back up. Somehow painting the front door is always my job. So I decided today was a good day to have the door opened all day. My painting arm was out of practice. The scary painting clothes came out and I began to conquer the door. Three coats later most of the blue is gone. We still need to paint the door jam, but I think it is going to be white to match the siding. We think it makes the place distinguished looking!

6 comments:
Looks great! I'm impressed with how much you have done on your home in so short a time.
I noticed the shutters the other day and I thought they looked great. Now I'll have to make a trip down the street to check out the door.
I love it! I want to be brave and paint our door a fun color. You have inspired me!
hey ho- i am back. i figured out how to reset my pw.
you have done amazing things with that house!
tell john i like his picture!
How daring, I want to do that and copy you now!! You guys are great at trying new things.
LOVE IT!!! I think I might copy you too! Was it hard to do?
Post a Comment