Friday we spent power sanding the main surfaces. I also spent a little time with the power saw (you know the one I make fun of my husband for buying) attacking the bottom of the pine tree. Amazing how using a few power tools will make you feel better. The kids were much better than the day before. Not sure if the saw had anything to do with it!
Saturday Mark opened the 5 gallon bucket of what we thought was stain that was left by the last owner. I'm sure it was stain at one time in its life, but not anymore. So off to Home Depot for our first trip of the day. It always takes us two to four trips to Home Depot per project. Good thing we live just up the street! He took a board with him to match the color and they did a great job. So we began the LONG process of applying the stain on the wood, cement and everywhere else it wasn't supposed to be. The front was a piece of cake because it is under the porch and never gets the sun. The back took twice as much stain as planned (hence the multiple trips) and much longer. Several hours later we came into the house to discover our lovely PINK kitchen. The stain had faded so much on the back we had never noticed it before. But with our new coat of redwood stain the sun reflects off it and casts a lovely pink hue into the kitchen. I guess in a few years it will fade again and we will be back to our original kitchen color. I'd show you a picture of our lovely deck, but I don't have it in me to find the camera!

4 comments:
Sounds like quite the project, I can't wait to come and take a look. (but I don't know what I'm more excited for--the deck, or the pink kitchen!)
Sounds like your kitchen could fit right in with mine. That is funny though how one thing can change everything in your house.
I'll have to come over and see the pink kitchen. I'm amazed with the amount of renovations your family has done in the short time you have lived in your home. You're amazing!
I am TOTALLY laughing because last summer we did EXACTLY the same thing. I must be getting used to it because our deck is still red, but I don't notice the pink as much. Too funny!
Good job on all your home improvements... doesn't it feel good to get one finished? Then on to the next one!
Post a Comment