I've lost the Mother of the Year contest this week. At 7pm Thursday night I realized I had never fed my 4 year old son any lunch, Oops!
This story actually starts on Tuesday night when I started to not feel so good which quickly turned into -- oh no, I got the stomach flu. Mark had it a week before and I thought we were in the clear when no one else had come down with it. Silly me for thinking that. Wednesday was spent in the bedroom or bathroom ALL day. So for lunch on Wed I told John, "You know where the Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets are, go heat some up." I did have to leave the bedroom for a small technical difficulty with the microwave and a 4 year, but he managed.
Thursday I did see some improvement. Mark of course was taking care of getting the kids up and out the door to school. I came into the kitchen long enough to know he had fixed omelets for the kids and knew I was not ready to eat yet. So around 10:30 John said it was time for lunch and he wanted waffles. Thanks to a freezer and microwave I was able to fill his request. At this point I realized he never ate Dad's breakfast. Around lunch time I thought about eating food and quickly decided that didn't sound so good. When the girls got home from school we headed over to set up the Pampered Chef booth and the Thanksgiving Point booth for the Women's Expo. We were heading home around 7pm and John informed me he was STARVING. At this point I realized not only was dinner really late, I had never fed him lunch. Luckily he has enough food storage on him that he survived.
For the record he has already had two meals today and I do plan to feed him dinner tonight ;)! And if I'm really lucky I might just actually want dinner tonight since it will have been almost 72 hours since this whole mess started.
2 weeks ago

2 comments:
I've done that before and I wasn't even sick. When the kids ask for dinner, I remind them they just had dinner yesterday and I promise I'll give them dinner tomorrow. Do they really need it every day? ;-)
Sorry to hear you've been sick. I hope you get back to normal quickly!
I hope that you are feeling better now. The Stomach Flu is not fun to have. I have also done this before when I haven't been sick. I keep telling my family that if we didn't eat we would save so much time and money. They keep wanting to eat anyway.
Post a Comment