CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Stephenie Meyer Signing



So it has been almost a week, but here is my post about the Stephenie Meyer book signing Christy and I went to last Friday, May 16 at Thanksgiving Point. We have a million of these pictures of the two of us sitting together from all the Pampered Chef conferences we've been too, but this picture doesn't have our name badges hanging from our necks, so I had to post it too!


My plans had been to arrive around 3pm because that was the earliest I could get there after Ballroom and Piano lessons. I was planning to sit in line with my kids until Mark could come save me when he got off work. Around noon Mark called to let me know we had been put on "the list" Yea!!! His connections finally paid off. We could sit in the Thanksgiving Point reserved section. Christy and I are excited, my kids are now bummed they don't get to go to Thanksgiving Point.


Since I didn't have any other plans for the day we ended up heading out there at 3pm, but instead of sitting in the VERY long line that went around the corner (women got there are 3:30 am) I took the kids to Farm Country, where of course they had a blast. We had pony rides and fed the animals. They got good at teasing the goats to get them to stand on the fence. Is that considered animal cruelty???? Eventually the kids would give them the food.


So after handing the kids off to DH I went to find out where we would be sitting. So excited to find out it was on the 3rd row just off to the side (thank you Val!)




Stephenie came on right at 7pm. She answered questions from the audience about her Twilight books as well as her new book "The Host" There are others that took better notes than me, so if you want to find out some spoilers and insider info go to the Twilight Lexicon Blog and see the entire 20 min video. Then she moved on to book signing. The entire Barn was full. They sold 1,000 tickets and I'm sure there were a few VIP's that didn't have tickets. She personalized our copies of The Host and would sign two other Twilight books. That is over 3,000 signatures. The benefit of being in the 3rd row is we went up on the stage by row. Christy and I were out of there by 8pm. They say it takes her about 4 hours to go through an entire venue like that. And she was doing it the next day in SLC at another book signing. I guess that is the price you pay for being famous.
The night was amazing and I was so glad I went. My kids are still confused as to why I would want to get someone to sign my books. Someday they will understand!

2 comments:

Lori said...

i am glad you had so much fun at the signing.

Becca said...

Sounds like fun, I'm glad you got to go. And I get why you want someone else to sign your book ;-)