I've consigned myself to standing in line this week. It began on Tuesday when my friend Christy and I headed out the door at 6am to get in line to purchase tickets to Stephenie Meyer's discussion and book signing for next week. Doors opened at 8am at Borders and we had to purchase her new book, The Host, along with the ticket to the book signing event. We were not crazy enough to be part of the tent city that spent the night, but we did have fun for 2 1/2 hours waiting in the cold. Forgot it was colder by the mouth of the canyon in the mornings. Thanks Mark for bringing us Hot Chocolate to warm us up! Should have worn warmer clothes. Also forgot my camera, but someone from TwilightMoms.com was more prepared and took pictures of our fun line. We are somewhere back there around the corner.

Wednesday is pay day, which means it is shopping this week, which means I'll need to go to at least Walmart and Costco. You can guarantee more lines at those stores!
I've decided to put the girls on the Orem Swim Team this summer. I think it will be really good exercise for them and they LOVE to swim. Hopefully they will be able to really learn and
master all the strokes they teach in the upper swim lessons. Anyone else from North Orem putting their kids in? I'd love to carpool. The Rec Center is doing a special registration for Orem residents only on Thursday night and you have to go in person. I'm sure we will have to stand in line for this. Not as fun as Tuesday's line since I'll be managing the 3 children in line with me this time!
And then there is the eternal line of children waiting for mom to finish 'just one more page' of the great book she is now reading. Thank you Stephenie for another amazing book. I can't wait to meet you next week. At least I'll have a good book to read while standing in all these lines! And I may have left early to pick up the girls just so I had an excuse to sit in the carpool line and read!

3 comments:
yay for your tickets! I'm going to see her on Good Things Utah next week too!
How was the line for the swim team? One year I was at the rec center the first day of swim team sign ups and the line was huge. I could never convince my children to be on the swim team. I always wanted them to do it, but they never would.
I can't wait to hear about your book signing. I don't have time in my life right now for one more thing or I would try to tag along. Maybe next time!
Post a Comment