I was planning on posting this on Friday, May 9, our actual Wedding Anniversary, but of course there were complications. I could have sworn I scanned in some wedding pictures a few years ago. I searched and searched the hard drive and couldn't locate them. Friday was too busy of a day so I didn't have time to scan any then. Sunday afternoon . . . a perfect time for scanning. I went searching in the basement for the Wedding Album. Found my baby book, college photos, mission photos, Mark's mission photos, Mark's missing passport from his mission, after mission but before marriage photos, photos of all the kids. I'm sure I put the wedding pictures somewhere "safe" when we moved but my 40 year old brain can't think of where that may have been. So here is the one picture we still had sitting out on the mantel. Yes we were both much thinner and younger looking then. (Mark just came in after I was done with this and informed me where the wedding pictures are, oh well)Anyways . . . yes Friday was our 12th wedding anniversary. Great time to reflect on that wonderful day. That day could not have been more perfect. The weather was similar to what it was this year, a little cool with some clouds. We got married in the Jordan River Temple because Mt. Timpanogos was under construction.
Our wedding luncheon was at this cute little restaurant owned by an English Couple in Orem by the bowling alley. My Father-in-law had wanted Chuck-A-Rama or Golden Corral, but was kind enough to honor my wishes of a nice sit down lunch. We went back on our second or third anniversary and it had closed down, we were so sad.
The reception was at the Historical Provo County Courthouse in the room upstairs. My goal was to have it someplace that did not have basketball courts painted on the floor. Whenever we drive by with the kids we always point it out. In fact on Saturday when we drove by someone was out front taking wedding pictures, great choice! We had a TON of people come to the reception. With Mark being from a small town (Santaquin) almost everyone came that was invited. And my big extended family were all there. I was especially excited for my childhood friend, Robynn and her mom Mrs. K who came down from Idaho. We could never pronounce their last name so we shortened it! I've known Robynn since I was 5 years old when they lived down the street from us in Tustin, Calif. The whole day I just felt like such a queen. It was so fun to see so many different people. And I don't remember anything that didn't go as planned.
Since we just got back from our Cruise we didn't have many plans this year. I was surprised when Mark told me he had something planned and to be ready at 5:30. He even arranged the babysitter! We headed up to Salt Lake for dinner at Trolley Square and then we saw the musical "The Producers" at the Pioneer Theatre Company. It was a fun night to get dressed up, not knowing what we were doing until we were actually there.
We have been so blessed these past 12 years. Mark is such an amazing husband and father. I am so lucky to have him in my life. And we have 3 amazing and wonderful children. It was cute to see big little John sing all the words to "Mother I Love You" in Sacrament Meeting for Mother's Day today. And the girls were cute with their cards and gifts for me. It upset them that I helped them make the one we did in Activity Days and I knew what it was. They were extra careful to keep their school gifts a secret.
This past year has been especially exciting with buying a house and moving on from our townhouse. We love our new neighborhood and neighbors. And the house is perfect for us. We are truly blessed in our lives to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are one blessed family.

2 comments:
Happy Anniversary, sorry I forgot. Also, sorry about the email "Mother's Day" card, I have really been a slacker lately! See you Tues.
That is such a beautiful picture! What a sweet idea... Mark is a great hubby.. and you are a great wife!
Post a Comment