Well just when I thought they could not get crazier this last Friday topped them all.
John graduated from Preschool at the same time the girls had Awards Assembly and we were strongly recommended to be there. So Mark and John went to Preschool Graduation while I headed over to the Charter school. I love these pictures Mark took at the graduation. How could you not love that face! John has attended this great preschool for the past two years and has loved Ms. Brenda and Ms. Angie.I took the old digital camera to the Charter School and was quickly reminded why we upgraded and let the kids use the old one. Needless to say I didn't get any pictures worth posting. But both girls earned the "Golden Sneaker" award for the activities they did outside of school. Mark and John joined me for the last 20 min at which point we sneaked out of the last 5 minutes and headed over to Costco.
We had about 45 minutes to pick out new frames for Mark's glasses that he has needed for the last two years and to get some shopping done. Didn't think we would squeeze it all in, but we did. Picked up the wonderful Costco Hot Dogs for everyone for lunch and made it back to the school in time to pick the girls up from car pool. At this point Mark headed off to work.
Grandma Pat has created a great distraction in my kids lives. I had informed the kids e
arlier in the week that Grandma had gone Wii, Wii, Wii all the way home. Which created great squeals when they realized Uncle Brent had convinced Grandma to buy a Wii. Since that moment every time the kids thought we had a spare moment they begged to go to Grandma's. Of course, we hadn't had any spare moments this week. But finally on Friday the kids convinced me to take them over since we had an hour before piano lessons. By the time I got it unboxed and set up the kids only got about 30 minutes in of play, but they loved it.
Off to drop the girls off at Piano Lessons and run home to get the food from Costco put away. Luckily it was a cool and overcast day, so nothing got spoiled while at Grandma's. Back to pick girls up from piano and stop at our friends, The Smarts, to pick up their 3 oldest to come play since their mom was out of town and Dad needed to get some work done.
This was supposed to be my moment to breath for the day. I hadn't really been home since 9:30am and it was now 3pm. John had been a little testy the last day or two, but I thought it was because he wasn't getting to bed on time. But about 30 minutes into play date he breaks down into tears to say his ears hurt. Not one, but both ears. Friday at 3:30pm on the beginning of Memorial Day weekend. Do I go to the Dr or not???? Didn't take me long to decide to make the call and pray they could get me in, but not too soon so I'm not dragging SIX kids to the doctors. Yea, they had a 5 pm appt, great! Kids still got to play and then drop off friends on the way to Dr. And yes, it was confirmed that both ears were infected. Probably from the swimming that occurred earlier in the week.
Tried to pick up prescription from pharmacy on the way home since the doctors now have a fancy system that will fax it for you. The Pharmacist laughed in my face and said kindly, "We just received that, it will be 25 minutes." Thank goodness this was through the drive up window so I hadn't dragged all three kids inside store.
Get home and now I'm so glad I picked up that rotisserie chicken from Costco earlier in the day. At the time I thought I was splurging, but in the end it saved us a trip to Wendys! And how does Costco make their chickens taste so good??? I probably don't want to know the answer because I'm sure it involves extra calories.
After dinner I run back to Rite Aid to pick up prescription while Mark starts to mow the lawn. I still had a few coupons for a $20 gift card with new prescription that expire next week, yea! So I pay for my $15 prescription and get the $20 gift card. I now wander slowly through the store, not really wanting to rush home. Pick up $10 worth of items on the gift card and both items are free after rebate, so I'll be getting the $10 in cash next month. What a bargain!
Get home in time to help Mark finish up the yard and fix the slide on the new swing set. But can you ever finish the yard??? I don't think so . . . a few weeds here, cut back a limb there and next thing you know the green waste trash is full!
After getting the kids in bed we both finally got a moment to crash. Wow, I'm getting tired just remember the day. Glad we have a week to recover before the next Friday, which will be the last for this school year!!!!!

4 comments:
You're Friday's remind me of my Tuesday's--only my small break lands in the middle of the day! I'm right there with you on the excitement for school being out-this summer's going to rock!
I'm counting down the days for school to be out with more excitement that Luke and Braxton are! Summer is busy, but a different kind of busy and there's no homework. I'm glad that you survived your Friday.
Hi Christine!
Thank you for your comment on my blog... isn't it so fun? I love blogging and keeping in touch with family and friends near and far. It's GREAT!!
Wow, just reading your post made me tired for you guys! What a crazy day!
Watch out summer here we come! Yippee!
When you mentioned John's PS Saturday night, I wondered if it was the same as Kade's first year - and it is! Kade really liked Ms. Brenda too. It was just what he needed, I had worried and worried about where to take him and this just came along-perfect, guided, inspired for Kade. So done with school too. 4 more days left, Yipee!!!
Post a Comment