CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mouse in the House

I've been thinking all day I need to do a post and have come up with several things to blog about.  But our last event of the day takes the cake.

As much as Ralph S Mouse is a cute and fun loving book, when they are really in YOUR house they are NOT cute!  Mark and I were in the kitchen working on something when John tried to sneak into the pantry to get something to eat.  He backed out of the pantry announcing "Mouse, Mouse, Mouse"  Neither Mark or I believed him but he insisted he saw the tail.  A few minutes later we sent Jessica into the pantry unknowing.  (Yes we are good parents!)  We told her to open the door fast and flip on the light.  And sure enough, Mark saw it that time.

Next came setting the traps that we just happened to have on hand and always hope we don't need to use.  Within 5 minutes it snapped.  Of course all the kids had to have a turn at looking at the mouse.  At which point we discovered only it's legs were caught, YUK!!!!  In the process of trying to dispose of the mouse it escaped.  The only thing worse than a mouse in the house is a 3 legged mouse in the house.  So now we are just waiting for the trap to snap again and hopefully it will be fully caught this time.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

I understand completely. We just got rid of the mouse in our house on Saturday. Good luck!

Leslie said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..... a few months ago we were laying in bed and for some reason i looked over by our door and saw a mouse runnning.....yea i screamed. it was nasty. i hate mice.

Becca said...

I feel your pain--only our story was bats--and there were lots more than one--but still, a creepy creature wandering around your house does nothing to settle your nerves.

Lori said...

not fun at all! I know that the little mice are more scared than we are...but I beg to differ that point!

Erin said...

We had that problem about a month ago. I think they are looking for their winter home and thought our place looks cozy- yuck!

Patrick took care of it. I never even saw the little guy or guys. But I do know they were getting into a bag of chocolate... so they have great taste!

Rynele said...

We had that problem last year when we moved into our house and we tried everything to catch them (yes we had a whole family of mice in our house). The only thing we found works is sticky traps. Everything sticks to them so you have to be very careful but once the mouse steps one foot on it the mouse does not come off. Once we set these out we had all the mice caught within a week so I know they work. We caught the first one within a few hours of setting them out.

Janae said...

That's why we have a cat. I hate mice!

Tina said...

Gross! I know mice like peanut butter! Clint shot a mouse we had last year with his hand bb gun, Let me know if you want him too :-)