I've come out of my cold induced haze from last week just in time for one of the best deals of the year. If you haven't already done so, don't walk, RUN to your nearest Rite Aid to stock up on cold and flu medicine. They are having an incredible Freebate sale. Freebate is a term I've come to love. It means you buy the product at the store and then the store reimburses the cost of the product later, so it is free except for tax. The best part about freebates is you can use coupons in the store and you actual make money back on the product. So for instance Triaminic Cold medicine is $3.99 this week and you can print a coupon for $2 off the product. So in the store you pay $1.99, but Rite Aid will reimburse you the $3.99, so you've actually made $2 on the product. And Rite Aid has an awesome rebate program. It is all online and you just have to put your receipt number in the system and they figure out which rebates you qualify for and then at the end of the month you tell them to mail you a check.
I could not believe it when I started reading their ad yesterday and saw everything that was going to be free. Then I went online and everyone else was saying the same thing. I as a little concerned that everything would be gone because it is such a good sale. When I pulled into Rite Aid this morning after dropping off kids there were tons more cars than usual on a Monday morning and I really thought I was doomed. But they were prepared. They had two end caps full of product right as you walked into the store. So I got everything I wanted. And a good deal on Halloween candy too.
If you want to print some coupons out before you go just head over to Money Saving Mom blog and she has several links to printable coupons. I never could find off her link the one for NeilMed Nasalflo Neti Pot (but would I really use that, I'm not sure) or Simply Saline. Be sure and scroll down and look at the comments because there were more links below that I used also. If you buy everything there is on freebate you would spend over $140, but get it all back at the end of the month. I only got what I really thought we would use. I know we'll use the TheraFlu, Comtex, Litlle Cold, Triminic Night Time, Cold Sore Medicine and a bunch of sore throat losengers.
And the awesome cashier even gave me extra coupons for my Hershey Bliss. They are on sale for $2.50 and I had a coupon for $1.25 off and she pulled out another $1 off coupon from behind, so I paid .25 a bag for those, score! I love the 1600 North Rite Aid!
2 weeks ago

4 comments:
Good shop!!!! What a shopper you are!
People like you are my heroes! I was feeling pretty good that I spent $1.07 less than my food budget this week. You make that $1.07 seem like nothing! Thanks for the heads up on good sales. I hope you and your family are feeling better.
Wow! I just don't think I would ever fill out the stuff to get the rebate back. That is a great food storage item too. I hope you are feeling better this week1
Hey I've tagged you on my blog, check it out!
Post a Comment