CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Boy Do I Feel Old

Jessica just came to me to share her favorite new song off the CD she got for her birthday.  I was surprised when this is what it was.



Jes and Ashley were pretty surprised when I already knew the lyrics.  I think I may still prefer the original.


Either way, I guess this means I'm old, ugh!

13 comments:

Mark Peterson said...

Good News - I remember it too, so you must not be THAT old ;-) Love You!

Lisa said...

Just wait until they can see the MOVIE! I like the old one better too, win some lose some.

PS I like the new look (or has it just been a while since I actually visited your blog?)

Miss Z said...

The old is definitely better. It's not the same when you don't have the crazy bleached-blonde hair and haircut! But it's always good to rock-out to great music -- especially about girl's wanting to have fun!!

Kelley said...

Wow, now that makes ME feel old. I DEFINITELY prefer the original.

Kristen said...

I like Miley/Hannah, but the song doesn't sound right without Cyndi's high pitched nasal voice.

William Noetling said...

We were watching an old VH1 Pop Up Video show and the original video came on, 1983 was when that hit. I was 12, your sister was 9. I was the perfect age for MTV at the time and of course Cyndi was one of my faves. Man, I feel old too.

The other videos on the show were all from that year too, all great songs, (Duran Duran was another one).

It doesn't get any better either. Hey, at least we KNOW who Miley Cyrus is, half the time I don't even know who these pop stars are anymore.

Julie Baldwin said...

I would agree the original is SOOOO much better. Music just hasn't been the same since the 80's. Though I think clothes have come a long way.

Becca said...

I agree with everyone--the Cyndi version wins hands down. I just hope you got some brownie points for knowing the lyrics!

Erin said...

"oh daddy dear you know you're still #1, but girls they wanna have fu-un!"

That is awesome! You notice how they just keep re-doing all the 80's songs? Lucky for us we grew up with the best music of ALL time!

Unknown said...

that is very funny. i didn't realize miley recorded that song...and not that i keep up with her songs...

Lori said...

sorry about the comment from "david". didn't realize he changed the google sign in to his...he uses my computer a lot.

Tina said...

That is one of my favorite songs.. Cindi sings it better though.

Eden said...

Totally love this song and the movie too. You made me smile.