CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Zim Zam Championships

Do you remember Zim Zam???  It is a tennis ball tied onto a poll that you hit around and see who can get it to the top or bottom firts.  Well, Sunday afternoon turned into a viscous Zim Zam Championship in Santaquin.  Did you miss it?  Let me give you the highlights.

It started as something fun for the grandkids.  

But then apparently the champions of the 80s had to prove they still had it
Rumor has it there was some fierce games between these two siblings.
Mark insisted that I had to play.  I remember the game, but don't ever remember playing it.
We thought it was beginners luck the first time I beat him.
But somehow I did it two times in a row!
He must have been playing easy.
John insisted everyone had to play him.
And he will tell you HE is the Champion!
But the ones that really got into it were . . . 
Robert & Carole
There may be another tourney coming soon.
Watch for it at the party house in Santaquin!

4 comments:

Lori said...

never heard of zim zam...we played tether ball in vancouver.

way to go that john is the champion!!!!!!! ; )

Lisa said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zim Zam (yes I do remember it) There is a new Zim Zam game called Spring ball (same game, new name) Growing up, there was some fierce competitions in our family. I'd be up for a game again.

Erin said...

I've never heard of it either! It looks like a miniture game of teather ball. Fun!

Becky said...

Omagosh! Zim Zam must be a Payson/Spring Lake/ Santaquin thing. We spent hours with ours too! Loved the reminder of the good ol days!
B