CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's been a year, really????

It has been a year since we said good bye to our
Townhouse!
I bought it in 1994 when I was single, had two great roommates for awhile.
The three of us got a puppy together.
Here is Lady Theodora Thompson better known as Teddie being used as a pillow.

We all got engaged and married within six months of each other.
Mark moved in after our wedding.
Mark and I added 3 kids to our family while living here.
Said goodbye to the dog after 12 years.
It was a wonderful home for us, but after almost 14 years of owning it,
we were ready to move on.

Things we loved about this place . . .

The openness as you walked in the front door.


After we stripped wallpaper and painted after all those years,
I loved our family picture wall.
The vinyl above the pictures said
'Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives you a fairy tale'

Our HUGE master bedroom with the walk in closet!

And a few things we don't miss . . .
the tiny bedrooms the kids had
I think the girls quadrupled the size of their bedroom!

The small kitchen
And boy was this picture staged.  The counters NEVER looked that bare!
You can't even tell I stuffed things in the microwave and oven for this picture!

The basement that rarely got used.
And especially don't miss the laundry room in the basement

But we really miss all the good memories and incredible friends we had in the townhouse over the years.

Next I'll have to post some before and afters of our fix up of our new place!

3 comments:

Laura said...

We sure are glad that you chose our neighborhood to move into. Their loss is our gain! You have such a cute family!

Lori said...

well- being one of the people that you left behind, it is my loss for sure! The ward has really changed for me in the last 2 or 3 years...maybe it is time for me to think about moving on...though at this point, i don't think anyone in the ward would miss me as much as i miss you guys. since most people i was close to have pretty much moved away now.

that is amazing that it has been a year!

Janae said...

I'm certainly glad that you moved here and I know that Bob is also. We love having you and your family in our neighborhood and ward!