I was caught off guard this afternoon. It is interesting how one small thing can make you stop in your tracks and change the whole day. Today was just a normal ordinary day. I was doing a little blurking and trying to regroup after two really busy weeks.
I finally got the newspaper off the porch and opened it up while eating lunch. Most days the newspaper doesn't even get opened it goes right into recycle since I really only care about the Sunday coupon issues. But I was surprised when on the front page of the "Our Town" section was a cute picture of one of our favorite babysitters, Taylor. She is on the Little Miss Lindon court and they were spotlighted for making quilts and taking them to the cancer center in American Fork. What is so special is Taylor's sweet, sweet mom passed away this past year because of breast cancer and so the Miss Lindon pageant picked this project to honor and remember Taylor's mom. Here is the link to the article. http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/260827/17/
It has caused me to stop and reflect more today than usual. I don't know anyone that has not been affected by someone they know who had cancer. And in the past two years I've had three good friends all pass away from breast cancer. An amazing story of strength and love is my friend Kari's. She lived her life to the fullest. If you haven't read it here is the link. http://karimasonfund.org/pdf/wasatch_woman.pdf
It has reminded me of my favorite song from my favorite musical. For Good from "Wicked"
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend:
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you:
Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good
So here is to the courageous women who have passed on. I love you and miss you Dorothy, Kari & Maggie!
2 weeks ago

1 comment:
Thanks for this entry. I enjoyed reading it. It brought tears to my eyes. I had read the article about the Little Miss Lindon Service Project. One of the other girls, Ambree Jones, is from a family that I know. What a great service they are having them do.
Post a Comment