CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Let them eat Cake!

I've become obsessed with this chocolate cake. My cousin posted on her blog this picture and story of the amazing cake she made. Then her sister, Eden, raved about it on her blog. Eden even came over to my house and described the cake in great detail. When they FINALLY posted the recipe I was dying to try it out. Of course between trying to get my kids ready to go stay at relatives and getting us ready to leave town there was no time to make it.

A lass, I broke down Thursday night and made it. I could not imagine waiting almost two weeks by the time we returned to try it out. This really is the richest, dense, moistest chocolate cake I've ever had. Thank you Sam! It is so rich you can only eat a very small sliver at a time. But I have enjoyed every bite I have had.

Eden can't say enough about the frosting. And it is a great frosting recipe. But I really think you need to try my Debbi Field's chocolate frosting recipe. Once you see how much butter is involved you'll understand this is the creamiest chocolate frosting ever.

22 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
4 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk

Cream butter until fluffy, add remaining ingredients and combine well. This is the full recipe. I always cut it in half for a 9 x 13 cake.

When we return from Florida we will have to make the cake again and try this recipe and see what you think!

3 comments:

Janae said...

I don't normally like chocolate cake. It has to be really moist and and with alot of flavor for me to like it. You cake sounds like maybe I would like it. Hope you have a great trip!

Eden said...

I KNEW you would love it! I'm so glad you tried it. Can't wait to your frosting recipe now. Yummy!

Megan said...

Glad it didn't disappoint. After talking it up so much I was a litte worried. Just talking about it makes me want a slice.