Our children have official given us the Parents of the Week title this week. Yea! Win one for us! And they are amazingly doing anything and everything we ask them to do with a smile on their faces. The trick, pure bribery.
It has been at least 10 years since Mark and I went to Stadium of Fire (the one year my brother was working on the fireworks and got us free tickets.) Mark went a few times with his parents before that and absolutely loved it. Every year he says we should go and every year we do not go. We barely stay awake to watch the fireworks from afar!
Well, yesterday morning he called me with excitement in his voice to let me know they just announced the headliners for Stadium of Fire. And if you haven't heard it is Miley Cyrus (aka Hanna Montana) along with Blue Man Group and Glenn Beck is hosting it. When he suggested we get tickets I said sure, whatever, we will check on Friday when the tickets go on sale. Two minutes later he calls back to let me know he has 5 reserved right now and should we buy them. How could I turn him down. He was listening to Glenn Beck and he had just announced they had 1,000 tickets they were doing a presale with. Mark snatched ours up and within minutes all 1,000 tickets were gone.
Since we are not doing a family vacation this summer I guess this will substitute for it. John is so excited for the fireworks. Just ask him to sing the theme song to Stadium! The girls are beside themselves over Miley Cyrus. Mark can't wait to see Glenn Beck. And I have always been interested to see the Blue Man Group. You can't ask for a better family outing.
And I am so glad I'm not going to have to be one of the people standing in line for hours to not get tickets or trying to get them over the Internet and be disappointed. Thanks Mark, you are awesome!

3 comments:
We have always thought about taking that fam' to the Stadium of Fire experience but haven't bit the bullet yet. After hearing who's coming, I bet it will be harder than ever to get tickets so I say yeah you--no wonder you're parents of the week!
Congratulations to the Parents of the Week!!!! I love when we have gone to the Stadium of Fire. I'm also glad that you told me that it was Hanna Montana. I didn't know that was her real name. I guess there aren't any girls in my house.
How come you didn't get us tickets? Brent got you freebees before! J/K No seriously, how can we get some of those? Blue Man will be awesome and Glenn Beck will do a good job too!
Post a Comment