Here we are waiting in line with my Mom. She joined us for the first day in the Park. After that she headed to San Diego to spend time at Sea World with some of my siblings while we stayed at Disneyland. We got up bright and early and were in line long before the gates opened.
Our first ride was Finding Nemo Submarines. We had heard the line got long fast so we headed there first. But because of my bad foot we rented a wheelchair which made it so we skipped the line and went right to the front. John was fascinated from the second we got in the ride. Growing up near Disneyland I went on the old submarine ride many a times and I must say they managed to update it and make it really great.
While Jessica, my mom, and I went on Matterhorn, Mark took John and Ashley on Alice in Wonderland and we made it off Matterhorn in time to catch them at the Tea Cups.
I love almost all rides at Disneyland, but round and round rides do not love me. So we let these three enjoy the Tea Cups by themselves.
Once we realized the joy of the "wheelchair" lines we no longer rushed to go on the big rides and took our time on some of the smaller rides. My mom always loved the Steamboat ride so we took the time to ride it when we were by the dock.
Mid day my sister's husband, Will, and their little girl, Kaylee, joined us in the park. On the Haunted Mansion ride there was a moment the ride stopped for some reason and I clicked this photo.
Will enjoyed the "wheelchair" line with us on Splash Mountain. We were glad Grandma was there to watch the two little ones so we could all enjoy it. It is hard to tell, but Ashley and Jessica are behind Will in the log. I think he enjoyed the ride. Will definitely got the wettest.
Jessica and Mark had fun trying on Hats while I waited with Ashley and John for the Jedi Training Show. Jessica had the most spending money of all of us thanks to her babysitting. But in the end she choose a simple hat.
We finished the first day on Autopia, which did not have a wheelchair line. The children had become spoiled and could not believe we had to wait in line like the rest of the world.
But we did stay in the park to watch the Fireworks with the rest of the living world. We had seen them from our Hotel room the night before but wanted to see them up close in the park. By this point Grandma had given up on us and went back to the room hours before. It was crazy and crowded but so much fun. In an effort not to loose the children John and Ashley got to ride in the wheelchair down Main Street and I walked behind. Otherwise I'm sure we would have lost one of them in the wall to wall people.

1 comment:
I am glad you guys had such a fun time on your trip! Love the photos! the hat trying-on session was cute! Now you are back in utah where it keeps being stormy again at least lately. i just saw lightening out of my work window! erk!
Post a Comment