The day after returning from Chicago I got to celebrate my birthday. This year marks 42 years, crazy! As any parent will probably agree, once you are a parent your birthday gets pushed down a few notches on the excitement meter. Doing laundry, taking care of kids, cooking the kids food, all those things have to go on and you are usually the one to do it. This year was no exception. But I did receive a wonderful breakfast in bed (pictures not allowed). After having been gone for five days it was nice not to have to fix the first meal home. I think as Mark left for work that morning he said he was going to work so he could get some rest. And he RAN out the door.
In the afternoon my girls were excited to bake me a cake.
The cake was from a box, but the frosting was made from scratch. My favorite Debi Fields Chocolate frosting, yummmooo! Mark and I snuck away for dinner at Macaroni Grill. And when we returned we celebrated with the kids.
It really was a nice day.
2 weeks ago

3 comments:
Happy late birthday Christine! can't believe I didn't catch it on facebook.
Happy late Birthday. I thought about you on your birthday, but forgot to send wishes your way! Sorry.
I'm glad it was such a good day for you. And sweet of your kids to bake a cake.
Post a Comment