Memorial Weekend was a busy one as always this year. We went to Orem Cemetery on Sunday. For awhile we didn't think we would make it because of all the rain. But it let up for a few hours so we dashed over there. The nice part was it wasn't as busy as usual because of the weather.
We stopped by my Dad's
And my mom's parents
Then on our walk over to my Grandma Pritchett's we stopped at my cousin Chase's
Then onto my dad's mom's grave
And next to hers is my Uncle's grave
Then on Monday we headed to Santaquin for their Memorial Day Program.
Mark's parents helped raise the money for their memorial, so they are always involved in the program. Grandpa Jim was part of the 21 gun salute.
Doesn't he look dignified and important!
The program is a great way to teach our children what Memorial Day is all about. Somehow I stopped taking pictures of graves, but we visited Mark's relatives in Santaquin and Payson Cemetery before the day was through.
I'm so grateful to live in a country where I am free to choose and free to live. I'm grateful to all those who are brave and have fought for our freedom.
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment