CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

My New Accessory

I'd like you to meet my new accessory.  Introducing Benny the Boot!


Isn't he pretty.  He is going to match all my outfits, not!
His profile isn't much better.
Ever since we went to Las Vegas back in April (2 months ago and counting) I've had trouble with my heal.  I blame it on standing around at Circus Circus for six hours while the kids rode all the rides.  The kids blame it on all the shopping I did.
I've had two cortisone shots without much help except for the first 8 hours after the painful shot.  So the doctor upgraded me to some oral steroids and wearing the boot.  Hopefully this will help me avoid surgery.  He also suggested if I stopped walking on my foot for a month it might heal.  Not likely with our 10 day family vacation starting tomorrow and then I return and a week and a half later head to Chicago for our annual Pampered Chef National Conference where I'll do more walking than Disneyland.
At least I'll get some sympathy and I won't feel bad asking for the pass the line pass at Disney!

6 comments:

Lori said...

sorry you have to wear Benny the Boot. I bet he is excited to go to disneyland though.

and good job on your yellow book! i think that is a great idea. no mocking from here.

Janae said...

Have fun with Benny the Boot! I love it when a doctor tells a mother that they need to stay off their feet and not walk. How can you be a mother and do that?

Derico Photography said...

Hahaha, seriously... when they say to stay in bed or to stay off your feet I am so tempted to ask if they are going to come watch my kids and take care of my household so I can follow his orders. Great thing about Disneyland (at least from what I remember) rent a wheelchair when you get there... you get to go to the front of most of the lines and then you're behaving and following orders at the same time.

Leslie said...

sad! I hope you feel better! What would we do without the use of our feet?!

Cynthia said...

Hey Christine,

I'm so sorry you have to wear the boot. Not fun!! I hope you are having a blast in California. See you soon.

Tina said...

That is a great idea for when we go to Disneyland, can I borrow it after it's cleaned?