CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Desperate times call for desperate measures

You know you have come to the end of your rope when you are willing to create a tool


To try and make this work.


After 15 years of long hard labor every week our washer gave up the ghost.  And the dryer was not close behind.  You know it is bad when the washer no longer agitates and just swishes a little instead.  The final straw was when I started to have to run every wash through an extra rinse since there was laundry soap all over the clothes and they were dripping wet.

So 5 stores, 3 hours of shopping, stressing, several hours of research on the internet and a spreadsheet later these arrived in our home.  Thanks RC Willey for paying for the tax.  You don’t think I bought these without some kind of a deal, now did you?



Who knew it could bring so much entertainment.  By the time it was delivered and installed there was not enough time for a full load before bed time, but they watched until they were forced to go to their rooms.

I must admit I have never had so much fun doing laundry.  Especially when the dryer actually stops before the wash because it drys sooo much faster than the old ones.

10 comments:

Kristen said...

I love it! No more trips to Red Box. Just say, "Hey, kids, it's Friday night. I'll make the popcorn and you grab your dirty clothes!"

Laura said...

First of all welcome back! Second, congratulations on the new washer and dryer! I purchased some 2 years ago and I love how you can wash about 16 pair of jeans and they come clean. I also love the fact that the dryer is done SO fast! Now you will have more time for thing you want to do :)

Marta said...

Yeah!!! I am so glad you finally found your perfect washer and dryer! Good job finding a great deal too. Atleast I know you will turn in your rebate!! You need to come kick my butt and make me turn mine in!! It was sure nice to finally get to talk to you the other night. Sorry I was a space cadet- you'll hopefully get used to it, ask anyone it's not an uncommon feature of mine!! :( Well, enjoy your new "toys" and your extra time they will give you since they are so much faster than the old ones!! :)

Julie Baldwin said...

I am so happy for you! What brand are they? We got some a little over a year ago and we LOVE them!!!! I love how quiet they are. It looks like you got the cool drawer base thing too. I wish we had gotten that.

Eden said...

Ummm, so I just want you to acknowledge that my previous email was right on the money when I said "back away slowly from the spin cycle." I guess I should have been saying those words to the kids though. I'm happy you got some new ones. Enjoy!

I Choose Happiness said...

Wow, I totally have washer/dryer envy right now. When mine die, those are the kind I want too! =)

Lori said...

those are cool washer and dryers! another friend has them too. they are sooooo quiet. my set is loud. but gratefully has not broken or worn out yet so no need to buy new for now.

Christine said...

Marta -- I've been so busy I haven't sent in the rebates yet. But they are all filled out and in my pile of things to do.

Julie -- We went with the Frigidaire Affinity 7000 series. The washer is 3.5 Cu Ft. We wanted something bigger, but the budget would not allow it. And I'm really glad we got the pedestals, makes it much easier to get clothes in and out. And they are quiet!

Eden -- Mark even did all the laundry while I was gone because he got bored and wanted to "play" with them.

Erin said...

Who needs TV?? That is awesome! They are so pretty!

I need to call you... did you get the notes from RS? I need to de-code them for you- sorry! :)

Sarah said...

Watching the washer before bed is a pasttime I'd never considered. :o) I know how much a good washer and dryer can change your life! Right now mine are in storage and I am using my mom's ancient ones. I never thought I'd long for my washer back. And I think the reason the dryer is so fast is because the washer spins them better and they are more dry when they enter the dryer. If you find that some of your clothes come out wrinkled, spin them and a lower speed and they wont be next time. Enjoy!!