Change of heart -- Shopping trips like this morning get me excited again. When I got the e-mail yesterday from Amy at the Savvy Shopping showing there was a Quaker sale at Albertsons I was even more stressed. I knew there was no way I would get to the store on Wednesday and it was killing me knowing it would all be gone. But after I dropped the kids at school this morning I headed over anyways, hoping there would be something left . . . and there WAS!!!!!
I got all these groceries for only . . . are you ready? ? ? Prepare yourself . . . Don't faint . . . $10.79 out of pocket!!!!!!!! I saved $119.71 from the regular retail price. There are 4 tubs of oats, 4 boxes Breakfast Cookies (my favorite!), 8 boxes of Granola Bars, 4 boxes Captain Crunch Cereal, 4 boxes Instant Oatmeal, 4 pounds Tillamook cheese, 3 pounds apples, 6 limes and a loaf of French Bread (that was not on sale so I guess you could call it the splurg)
The breakdown -- I saved $65.96 for my preferred savings card (basically the regular sale if you don't have any coupons). Then $13.40 with the coupons I clipped from the Sunday paper. $30 off from last weeks sale that Mark went to for me while I was gone that gave you coupons for your next shopping trip. And finally $10.35 in coupons from the store ad this week (apples and cheese).
It was a good trip!

8 comments:
excuse me while I pick my jaw off the floor...SERIOUSLY....we need to get together and you need to show me how to do this.....serious
I'm so happy you coupon. I'm thrilled to see someone getting this kind of benefit.
You ROCK!! Yeah, I need to learn how to get into this!
i am soooooooo amazed!!!!!!!! i wish my health food stores would have sales like that!
Wow! I love shopping when I can get that much for so little.
Do you get the Sunday paper then too? Way to go, that is great savings.
Hey now that I'm in Vegas I need to know more about this Savvy Shopper business! I think I know a lot of people that can benefit from something like this!
Holy Cow!! You are one amazing shopper!! It's always more fun to go shopping when you can walk away with soooo much for soooooo little!! Good job and so very impressive!!
Post a Comment