As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we are taught to be prepared and especially to have at least a three months food supply on hand. We think that supply is for when there is a major disaster or we loose our job or something huge happens.
None of those things happened to us (thank goodness), but we have been relying on our storage this last month and a half. I usually do major grocery shopping every two weeks when we get paid. But at the beginning of April payday fell right before me and the kids were leaving for Las Vegas, so I didn't do much. Then when we returned from Las Vegas my plantar fasciitis in my foot was bothering me so much that I couldn't do a lot of walking so I did the bare minimum of shopping. Then I went to the foot doctor and had to stay off my foot for a week. Then I was busy, then I got sick for a week and now it is the middle of May and besides a quick trip to the store for a few things here and there we have not done much grocery shopping. And yet we have survived. Meals in the freezer came in handy and having so much extra food we use all the time on hand has made all the difference. The meals have not been gourmet, but we have not gone without.
Thank you to a Prophet who counsels us in the things we need today!
2 weeks ago

6 comments:
Thanks for the reminder. I know I could do better in this area!
I am SO thankful for this guidance. There have been times when I have went at least a month living off of our storage as well. Not gourmet but not gross either. I need to work on the whole 3 months though, I don't think ramen counts :)
I know what you mean. With little Piper here we eat less gourmet and more out of our food storage.
good job Christine! I am glad things are looking up and that you didn't starve! I love how you are grateful for this guidance and didn't over look the reason you had that back up of food. Our Heavenly Father takes care of us, even when we are too busy to take care of ourselves.
PS if that happens again - you can always call me with a grocery list, I love shopping, even for food and would be more then willing to help out!
Food storage is a huge blessing! It's amazing how many different ways it can be a blessing.
Oh yes I would also be more then glad to shop for you guys if you needed it. Glad you are feeling better
Post a Comment