There is hope . . . There is hope that summer will really come. I enjoy all seasons, but summer is definitely my favorite. I guess it is the Californian coming out in me. And the first thought of summer is swimming. You should have heard the squeals and yells when the kids found out I picked up the Scera Outdoor Pool Summer Punch Pass this week. What does that mean??? That means we WILL be going to the pool to spend lazy afternoons splashing and relaxing. And this year I remembered to pick up the punch pass while it was still at a discounted price. Anyone want to join us?
One goal I have for this summer is to document our yard. I thought of it several times last year, but never did it. We have an incredibly beautiful yard that blooms all spring, summer and fall. I can say this because it does this without any help from me. Before we purchased our home a crew of professionals maintained our yard for the nice elderly lady that lived her. Trust me when I saw Mark and I DO NOT equal the crew of professionals. Our goal at the end of the year is to have everything still alive. We achieved it last year, so here is hoping for this year too.
Yesterday was the first of what will be many hours spent working in the yard. And I only did it because they are now picking up our green waste trash and dang it all, if I'm paying for it we had better use it. So I filled up the can with the leftovers from Fall. And while cleaning out the flower bed found this . . .
Well today when I went to take the picture of our first flower, right next to it I found this . . .
Another sign that Spring is coming.

3 comments:
I was wondering when you were going to post again. Good for you for getting the Scera pass. The first picture is of an iris.
Love your flowers!!!! and so fun to see you and john on tuesday as you were heading to karate. you should have joined me on the track! you are welcome to anytime.
Those flower pictures are marvelous!!
Post a Comment