John has wanted to take karate for a loooong time. He has brought it up a lot lately. So I finally broke down and signed him up for a 4 week class at the Rec Center to see how it goes. His first class was this week and they talked about self defense and how to protect yourself. This is what transpired in the 30 minutes after his class.
In the parking lot . . . "Mom, let me show you what we learned! If someone tries to take you then you kick them, hit them in the face and if they grab your arm you twist both ways." And of course he is "demoing" these steps.
"Okay Mom, try and take me." Which I proceed to play along. At the end of his demo he then yells at the top of his lungs "She's not my Mom." Because of course that is what his teacher told him to do. We jump in the car and I explain that if we are in public he is not to yell that if it is really me or the Police will come and take me away.
On the drive home . . . "I am the most likely one of our family to be taken."
"Really John how come?"
"Because I'm the cutest." (very frustrated with me that he had to explain this.)
Sometimes this little man just cracks me up.
2 weeks ago

14 comments:
That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard! You should write that in to a magazine or something. Good thing no police showed up.
That kid is a hoot! I would have died laughing...that is after I got over the shock and embarassment!
That cracks me up. I'm still laughing. . .=) He IS a cute kid!
I can totally see John saying that. He is such a crack up!
You know that John was listening during the class! Thanks for a great laugh this morning!
Oh my goodness, that is funny! Thanks for the laugh.....I REALLY needed it this morning. Let's not let him and Chloe compare notes, I don't want her to get any
ideas :) Still laughing :-D
Oh my gosh! That kid is my favorite.
That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!! except for the part when he yelled out you aren't his mom! funny John!
He's hilarious!! That just tells me that you guys are great parents! A good self-esteem starts in the family!! And I have to agree, he is pretty darn cute!
Oh my goodness... He is just too cute! What a funny kid! Also, thanks for the warning... I won't try sneaking up behind him- he could take me down!! :)
How funny!!! I am glad that the police didn't take you away....and leave the cutest boy to fend for himself.
What a crack up.
Have a good day and give Erin a hug from me the next time you see her. I know that she is really missing sweet sister Karma.
Love, Lura
Hahaha! That's great! When we were out in public, Abby used to yell "You're hurting me" even though we weren't even touching her. I was always waiting for cps to come along wherever we went... So glad she grew out of that phase!
He is so dang funny and I can totally see him as a Karate Ninja! Fun stuff!
I'm hysterically laughing - near tears!! Out of the mouth of babes.
Post a Comment