2 weeks ago
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Celebration
After waiting for 11 + years for this joyous time it is finally here. Yesterday afternoon I was thinking about the fact it was a Friday evening and we actually had nothing planned. It was payday so I was wanting to go do something. Then it dawned on me that we have let Jessica babysit a few times and SHE could babysit and WE could go out for the evening. HAPPY DAY!!!! No kids, no calling around to find a babysitter at the last minute, only had to pay for 2 kids being babysat instead of 3. Mark and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner (wanted to try the Chinese Buffet by our house and really liked the Mongolian BBQ) and then spent an hour wandering Pier 1 (trust me I could NEVER take John in there. He is seriously a bull in a china store). I must say I'm excited to be in this new stage of our lives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Wow, congratulations. Fortunately for us my Mom is still so in love with Kaylee that she'll take any chance she can get to be with her, so even overnights aren't a big deal at this point.
How exciting! and Jess is so responsible too! way to go, Jessica!
i am glad you guys had a fun evening.
That is absolutely worth celebrating. Can I say I'm jealous? We can see that day in the not so distant future taunting us from far away!
I have almost a decade for that! I am so jealous! Glad you have a fun evening!
Yippee for you!
When we have a little one we would love to use Jessica too!
Oh joyous day! We've been doing that with Loch for about a year now. Only we're mean and don't pay him. Nobody is in charge when we leave. Everybody takes care of themselves. And if the house is still standing and in good order when we get home, they each get $2.
Yes, it is so nice. You are nice you paid her, I'm not letting Colton read this!
It's nice to have that freedom. The only problem is that all too soon they grow up even more and are usually involved in so many things that they aren't available to tend and then they leave home and that's a joyous, but really sad time! Really enjoy this phase.
Post a Comment