2 weeks ago
Friday, August 21, 2009
The Foot
This has been my view for the last 48 hours. After having had my foot hurt since April (4 months) and trying everything we could to avoid surgery I finally gave in. So Wednesday morning after dropping the kids off to their first day of school we headed to the hospital for same day surgery. The foot doctor removed the heel spur that started this whole process, removed the nerve that was inflamed and cut about 2/3 of the plantar fascia away from the bone. He told me I'd be in a splint for a week, but I wasn't expecting this much bandaging to occur.
From this angle you can see just how much extra padding there is on the foot. I had hoped to get some glitter toes before the surgery, but time ran out. So I get to stare at my lovely ugly freakish toes without any glitter on them for another few days. I cannot put any weight on it for an entire week. So I am enjoying being forced to stay in my room for a week. It is very odd having to ask for almost everything. Luckily I have an amazing husband who is very kind and patient. And the kids have been great to help out as well.
On Wednesday I should be upgraded to the Boot again for another month. But at least then I'll be able to get around. And after all this is said and done I should be able to return to normal activity, finally. I've been babying it for 4 months hoping it would heal on its own, so it better be better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
your foot looks lovely! so glad it all went well!
man it is hot out today! just wanted to add that.
Christine--hope you are doing well. How's the foot now? I've been thinking about you.
Post a Comment