CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Worlds Keep Colliding

It's a Small World after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small small world. I know you all hate me now because you are singing the song, sorry. But it is just crazy how our lives criss cross and connect. A couple of situations lately have shown me this.

The Friday before General Conference there was a Mission Reunion for the Massachusetts Boston Mission. We haven't had a reunion for years.  I've been home for 18 years (yikes I hate admitting that)  I considered not going because I didn't feel good and I was worried I would not know anyone. But then one of the sisters commented on Facebook she was going so we went. This sister and I were never companions, but we knew each other. As we were talking she commented that we must live close to her parents. The more we talked I instantly knew who she was related to. Her parents live two doors down from us and she looks and acts just as sweet as her mom.


What a fun surprise to know I knew her long before I ever thought of buying a house just doors away from her parents.  I would have never put two and two together if we hadn't seen each other in person and talked.

Then this past week we had a viewing to attend.  I knew the man, Jason, who had passed away when he was a teenager and his parents and my family were in the same LDS Church Ward.  But I attended the viewing because I'm now good friends with his sister, Lori. But at the viewing were people I knew as a teenager, relatives of mine who are in the same ward as Jason's Mom, our old Bishop from the ward we attended with Lori for the last 13 years and other friends from that same ward.  It was a crazy combination of people we have known over the years.

And then there is the whole Facebook connections you find out about.

It is true, we are just one big happy family connected in one way or another.

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

That is so funny to me! I noticed that Wendy had commented on your Facebook and just assumed that you already knew who her parents were and thought what a coincidence that was! That is just too funny!