We had such a fun night tonight. I had heard about this a couple of years ago and thought it would be awesome and it was. Thanks to an incredibly generous family in Lindon that have put together their own version of The Polar Express. One of the consultants that joined my downline this year is the daughter to the family that hosts the event. Even though I contacted her late she was able to squeeze my family into the schedule. And it was a bonus when I found out my downline Director and her family would be with us.
I had put on the calendar there was a meeting on Tuesday night so nothing would get scheduled over it but the kids would not know what was going on. Then the night before I told the girls they would really need to focus and get their homework done when they got home from school because I had a surprise. 200 Questions followed for the next 24 hours, but they remained clueless as to what was happening.
We showed up in Lindon and the train was just passing by the front of the house when we got there, so the kids quickly figured out what was going on. We then went into the "waiting" area which was set up with chairs and the movie playing on a huge screen. This is when we realized Bill & Christy's family would be joining our group. We then loaded on the train. A little squishy for over grown adults, but we survived.
John got to be at the front of the train! And I think he was excited.
Because it was so dark you can't even see the end of the train.
Jessica was towards the back and was a little concerned at how much the train rocked back and forth.
You then go through some amazing lights on the way to the North Pole!
Upon arrival each child got a visit with Santa along with a Candy Cane and picture of Christ and a bell.
And then Santa talked about the Candy Cane and how it is a Shepherd's Crook to remind us of Jesus Christ and His birth.
The Elves were amazing helpers. They even had props for all the Christmas Carols we then sang.
And don't tell John I posted this picture. I was instructed NOT to blog about him, but he was so darn cute I just could not let you not see him.

We then loaded back on the train and got to return. But the displays back to the train station were all about Christ. Including these beautiful pictures. Sorry my camera did not take better shots.And they even had an area set up for people to write notes to the missionaries from their Ward. Even though John did not know them he insisted on writing in one of the books.
This all is such an incredibly generous offering from this family. It was a magical night and John is already talking about going again next year.
Thanks!
And PS, Happy 100 post! This time last year I barely knew what a blog was and now I have almost the whole year documented. Thanks Kristen & Janae!














5 comments:
What a fun activity! i am glad you had a good time. okay the photo of John as the reindeer is hilarious and the family group shot with john's big grin and cocked head is pretty funny!
i think the train you were on is the one i have been on. looks like the same place and train. but i got to ride on it the summer before last when i went to a friend's birthday party (a friend who i figured out when on a mission with Cori Haskell)...so, no santa etc at the end of the train ride. it is a fun little train. we rode on it about 3 times when i went. choo choo! when i went, they played train songs as we rode it along. beautiful homes in that area!
We did this last year and absolutely loved it! I loved the switch from Santa to Jesus and I was so impressed with the spirit it brought. We tried to get reservations this year, but I was told they were no longer opening it up to the public. I thought it was one of the best Christmas experiences we have had as a family and I would like to do it over and over again.
Christine, I got your Christmas letter today and was so excited to see that you have a blog! I started doing one for my family this past summer. I have a private blog so I will send you and invite by email.
Your family is really growing up! Can't believe your oldest is in
5th grade!
Anne Orr
What fun. I wish that I could have taken our little grandson Austin. He loves trains and we have watched Polor Express 2 twice today. How neat. Glad that your family could enjoy it.
Have a very Merry Christmas.
That looks like so much fun and I love that it focuses so much in Christ. That is awesome! Let us know if you've got connections (wink wink).
Post a Comment