CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 21, 2010

Hello . . . Goodbye

Little did I know back in July of 1993 when I bought my one and only brand new, off the lot car that I (we) would get so much use out of it.  But 17 years and 165,000 miles later it has finally come time to part.


This beautiful dark green top of the line Camry served me well.  I bought it back when I was much younger. Back when I had a career. Back in the hey days of WordPerfect. Back when my paycheck was a lot more money than it is now. I didn't realize that replacing it would make me sad, but it did.  I realized it was the last piece of my single life that was still around. It represented my career as a Software Tester. Yes, I realize I haven't been driving it for the last 9 years. The mini van has replaced it as the car I drive. But it was still in my life, still a part of me. No, Mark was not so emotionally tied to this car.  It was just the car he got to drive after we got the mini van. It has served us well, but it has come time to move on.

Move on to this . . .


Surprise! Another Camry! This beautiful 2007 has taken the place of the 1993 Camry. Not fresh off the lot, but still a nice looking car. We were torn between this car and a Hyundai Sonota, but the Camry won out. Hard to think this will probably be the car Jessica gets to drive in a few years, yikes!

But it does my heart good to know my old Camry is still a little part of the family. Mark's nephew, Daniel, is now the proud owner. Hopefully it will be a great College car for him!

No comments: