CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bag of Flour

I don't know about you, but I always buy my flour and sugar in 25 pound bags.



Well, today I lost a bag of flour.  Okay, not literally . . . but the scale finally clicked over and I have officially lost 25.6 pounds off my body (again).  YEA!!!!!  I joined Weight Watchers (again) on Oct 17, 2009.  And after a little bit of a plateau in December with my 2 hernia surgeries, I'm back on track and losing again.

When I joined I wrote down several reasons why I was joining this time so when it got hard I could remember my motivation.  One of which was to wear my wedding ring again and I've been wearing it for about a month now.  The next goal I hope to see happen is having no more foot pain.  Even after my heel spur surgery in August I've had a lot of pain.  Standing or walking for more than 5 minutes makes my foot hurt a lot.  So I figure every pound I can take off my foot it will stop hurting that much sooner (cross your fingers).

I've found a few new foods that have helped me get to this point.  I thought I'd share for anyone else out there trying to cut calories.

  • Sandwich Thins -- they look like smashed hamburger buns, but with the top and bottom they are only 1 point and they taste really good.
  • Fiber One granola bars -- lots of fiber so they fill you up and have enough chocolate in them to satisfy my cravings.
  • VitaTops from vitalicious -- Once again I have to have something chocolaty and these do the trick and add fiber so they are filling
  • JollyTime Healthy Pop popcorn -- The kettle corn is really good and I love the small bags with just 1 serving in them.
  • Yoplait Smoothie -- found in the freezer section.  I lived on these when I was on the liquid diet before the hernia surgery.  Great for breakfast and it gives you a fruit and milk serving for the day.
Now that I have publicly announced I'm dieting, I guess I'm going to have to stick with it!

11 comments:

William Noetling said...

Congrats, that couldn't have been easy with being laid up as much as you have been. Good going!

Kathy said...

AWESOME!!! I know dieting is not easy, I am doing it too, so congrats on losing 25 pounds. You can keep it and you will feel so much better!

Jessica said...

Thats AWESOME!

Anne said...

Good for you Christine. I've needed a little motivational boost and maybe your post will help me to lose a few. I haven't worn my wedding ring for years! Keep up the good work and thanks for the list of good foods. I've be wanting to try Fiber One bars.

Becca said...

Good for you! I love Weight Watchers. It helped me drop 40 lbs after Ben was born and I periodically use it to tune up my laziness. Some of my favorites were (and still are)
-Crunchy Corn Bran cereal

-I can't believe it's not butter spray; it's a staple at our house

-No pudge fudge brownie mix (Hello-a brownie mix with fiber in it that actually tastes good!)

-Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches

-And I think it's the fudgesicle brand that makes a 1 pt fudgesicle

Notice how I focused on treats--yea that's the kind of eater I am, I NEED my treats every day and when they come for 2 pts or less all the better!

Keep up the good work--I'm proud of you!

Derico Photography said...

Yay for you! I'm working on my bag of flour as well. I have an awesome brownie recipe I'll email you later.

Lori said...

Good job, Christine! Hang in there!!!

The Pratts said...

You are amazing!!! Keep up the good work! I need to get there with you, you are inspiring me! :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you!! Keep up the good work! I'm doing it again, too - not officially, but on my own. It's time to get the baby weight off (since they are 5 and 2 now . . .)

Tina said...

That is awesome Christine! My mom just brought me a bag of the thin pattie bread. they are sooo good, we love them. That is a great accomplishment, congrats! I hvae all my WW stuff next to me, I just need to start up again, that encouraged me. :)

Lori said...

Christine, you guys don't blog much anymore. I hope you are all well.