CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Quilting

Okay, for anyone who knows me really well, you are probably questioning the title of this post.  Even though my sisters and mom are expert seamstresses, I never enjoyed sewing as much as them.  I know how to sew and I can do it when needed, but it is not something I do just for fun.  My mom has really gotten into quilting the last few years and has made some beautiful items.  So maybe I was just feeling left out.  But when someone in our neighborhood offered a quilting class I decided maybe I should try it.  I thought it was a good opportunity to learn from a professional and learn with friends at the same time.  I'm proud to say I have successfully completed two blocks so far!


And I think they have turned out pretty good.  I'm not convinced I'll become an expert quilter like several people I know are, but I'm excited to see how it will all turn out in the end.

7 comments:

Derico Photography said...

Those look beautiful Christine! I'm excited to see your finished product!

Julie Baldwin said...

You are taking the class too!!! Now I'm really sad that I stopped. Your blocks look great!

Lori said...

good job! that is so out of my comfort zone. so good for you!

Kathy said...

They look awesome! You are just gonna keep getting better. ;)

Laura said...

Wow, Christine, those blocks are beautiful, especially for a beginner. Good job!

I Choose Happiness said...

Those are gorgeous! Great job!

Kelley said...

Beautiful Christine! I'm totally jealous, I found this AMAZING quilt shop in Salem, and bought GOBS of expensive fabric, but now I don't know how to quilt! Does your friend offer public classes, I'd really like to learn!