CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Quilting 101

Grandma Pat decided it was time to teach her eldest grandchild her obsession.  So for Jessica's birthday Grandma got her a sewing machine with the promise of teaching her how to sew by making a quilt.  They went shopping together and picked out all the fabrics.  Then spent hours working on this project.  After 3 months of working the first project is finished.

And here are the proud workers!

Grandma has a very fancy sewing machine that does embroidery so she taught Jessica how to make these on every square.
I think this will be a much cherished heirloom!

11 comments:

Kathy said...

She did a fantastic job. I have been quilting for over 20 months and I can't do anything as beautiful. Way to go!

Becca said...

What a great present and opportunity for Jessica. She has one amazing grandma to do that with her. And I think you are right--it will be a cherished heirloom.

Julie Baldwin said...

It looks great! She is so lucky to have her grandma close by to sew with. I call my grandma all the time with sewing and quilting questions.

Erin said...

That is awesome!! What a great opportunity! Yep, she will keep that FOREVER!!

Lori said...

I love it! Good job, Jess!!!!!! and Pat!

Jeannie said...

I want to be adopted and have her be my grandma. What a treasure that quilt will be. What great memories.

Anne said...

How beautiful! I want to do something like that but have only tied quilts.

I Choose Happiness said...

Congratulations Jessica! That quilt is GORGEOUS!

Marta said...

Way to go Jessica!! What a beautiful quilt!! You are such a talented girl and I love you to pieces!! Christine, you have raised such an amazing daughter and family! What a great mom you are!

Grammy Staffy said...

What a wonderful experience and what a great job she did. I am sure that she will always cherish the quilt and the memories.

I helped two of my little granddaughters make a quilt this Christmas... but nothing as fancy as yours.

I just got home from our Utah trip. I was sorry that we couldn't attend Erin's ward and see you again....next time...

We also went to the Draper open house while we were there. It is so beautiful. You surely have been blessed to attend so many open houses.

Have a good week and give my Erin a hug from me when you see her at church.
(((hugs)))Lura

Kyleen and Brent said...

Great job Jessica! Your quilt looks way better than mine! What a great bonding time with Grandma!